Local services & Information
Reduced office costs and council rates also encourage new and established businesses and firms to set up locally in Gorey Co Wexford.
For details on how we can help advise you on setting up your business in Gorey contact us here >>>
Transport services in Gorey:
Gorey is ideally located on Ireland's N11 Euro-route midway between Dublin and Rosslare Euro-ports. Whether you are coming South from Dublin or North from Rosslare the best way to get to Gorey is to use the N11 (See Map by Clicking here >>>) .
There are a number of good taxis operating between Gorey and the surrounding area.
- Christie's Taxi & Minibus Hire 053 9421740
- Lenehans Cabs & Bus Hire 053 9425610
- Cousins Mini Bus Service 053 9421784
- Gorey Cabs 053 9480000
Bus Eireann and Wexford Bus operate several daily services to and from Dublin and Rosslare. They also provide airport transport with regular services. Tickets are available to purchase locally or via www.wexfordbus.com or www.buseireann.ie
Iarnrod Eireann operate a number of services to and from Dublin daily, with a commuter train now in operation, making Gorey an easily accessible commuter town.
The main ferry ports for the South East are Rosslare (just over 50kms from Gorey) and Dublin/Dun Laoghaire (100 kms). Rosslare has services to Pembroke, Fishguard and Cherbourg (France).
Dun Laoghaire has services to Hollyhead and Dublin has services to Hollyhead, Liverpool, Douglas (seasonal). All the ferry ports have excellent access for freight, passenger and car passengers and Gorey is linked to all ports by Euro Route 1.
Dublin Airport (110 kms) and Waterford Airport (100 kms) are the main airports servicing the South East. The main operators Ryanair, Aer Arann, BMI and Aer Lingus offer scheduled services to the UK and Europe. Aer Lingus also has services to the United States. From the airport get a bus or taxi to Dublin city centre and travel onward by bus or rail.
- AIB, Main Street, Gorey. Tel: 053 9421487
- Bank of Ireland, Main Street, Gorey. Tel: 053 9421392
- Ulster Bank, Main Street, Gorey.Tel: 053 9420875
- EBS, 102 Main St, Gorey 053 94 20907
- Gorey Credit Union, Mc Dermott St, Gorey 053 94 21601
- Enterprise Ireland
- Wexford County Enterprise Board
- Wexford Local Development
- Local Employment Service
- Employability Wexford
- Wexford County Council
- Industrial Development Authority
- Department of Foreign Affairs
- Department of Social Welfare
- Department of Enterprise & Employment
- Central Statistics Office
- The Revenue Commissioners
- Gorey Guardian, Published every Tuesday
- The Echo, Published every Tuesday
- Courtown 053 9425102
- Gorey 053 9421222
- Gorey 053 9421100
- Gorey Hospital 053 9421102
- Wexford Hospital 053 42233
- Public Health Nurse 053 9421374
- Psychologist, Kit Kenny 053 94 27649
- CAREDOC - Care-Doc (Out-of-Hours Medical Services) Telephone: 1850 334999. Gorey Medical Centre Conal House, St. Michael's Road, Gorey, Co. Wexford.
- McCauleys 053 9421904 - after hours 053 9421747
- Wades 053 9421339 - after hours 053 9421339
- Roches Pharmacy 053 94 21179
Pharmacists rotate Sunday morning openings.